Bob Flating Scholarship
SUPPORTING SECURITY COMMUNITY IN HAWAII
Each year, ASIS International Hawaii Chapter and Cindy Flating award the Bob Flating Scholarship to an individual who is pursuing a degree in law enforcement or security.
Bob Flating spent a career in retail security in Hawaii and will always be remembered for his contribution to the security industry, his coworkers and friends. Anyone interested in applying for this opportunity should fill out the application (see below) and follow the directions. All applications will be considered and applicants will be contacted accordingly.
Thank you for your interest in the Bob Flating Scholarship and good luck!
GENERAL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICANT REQUIREMENTS
- Although applications are not based up financial need, funds will be directed to any accredited college, university or community college and therefore may offset any other financial aid provided to the applicant.
- Currently enrolled part-time or full-time in a criminal justice degree program at an accredited college.
- Obtain official transcript demonstrating a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- Obtain a letter of recommendation from your current college professor.
- Write a 250-word essay outlining your interest in a criminal justice degree and your plans post-degree.
- Complete application by July 31.
- Be available to attend the Award “Top Cop” Law Enforcement and Security Awards Banquet in October.
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2023 PROGRAM YEAR WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM JUNE 1ST 2023